Photo by me.
I have a good quality digital camera with a cheap lens, which doesn’t bother me most of the time, whenever I try to take pictures indoors they’ll turn out dark or blurry. Outdoor pics on the other hand crystal clear (if they are not – it’s my fault).
There is so much I love about this blurry photo!
1. It’s of my friend Joelle, she is one of my favorite people.
2. It’s in my favorite room at SiteLab‘s takeover of the Old Grand Rapids Public Museum.
3. The color concentration of blue, red, brown white.
4. It looks like she is putting a hoodie on her knee!
5. Her hair is super cool//she is smiling.
I think it’s really hard sometimes to decide when to keep using your flawed tools and when it’s time to upgrade. I tend to get so comfortable with my janky machinery that the thought of learning to use a new camera is much more intimidating then sticking with the one you have to “jiggle a little”.
Photo by somethings hiding in here
There is NOTHING in this world that is more intimidating to me then shopping for technology.
It’s expensive, you’ve got to choose between a billion options, you barely (I barely) understand the features that each company is touting.
GAH! — it’s just HARD.
I’ve been trying to fix/use a vintage singer serger sewing machine and it is driving me insane.
It’s a goal of mine to start making & selling clothes, in fact I see it as my next big step!
I have to remind myself that learning new & valuable things is AlWAYS hard.