Photo by Olivia Horvath
At the end of last year, I decided that my personal theme for 2012 would be bravery. I wanted to explore what that really means – and how we can learn to nurture it in ourselves and others.
I, and so many others, can get utterly paralyzed by our fears and insecurities, frankly I AM SO SICK OF THAT SHIT.
You are strong. There is bad, but there is also good. If you leap you might fall, but you’re going to fall anyway.
So in keeping with <<<BRAVE YEAR 2012>>> here is a list of things to help you have your bravest summer yet!
1. Smile//wink at strangers.
Photo by SO SWEATY
2. Wear that outfit that you’ve never had the courage to wear.
3. Raise your hand//speak-up//speak your mind.
Photo by M I S C H E L L E
4. Let yourself do nothing for long stretches of time.
5. You know that person that you think is Sooo Coooool?… talk to them.
6. Go to a party alone.
7. Dance an public. (only gets points if sober.)
Photo by alexandermiranda
8. Try skateboarding, long-boarding, basketball, rock climbing, or any other sport that you’ve always wanted to try.
Photo by nataliecreates
9. Have real heart to heart conversations with the people in your life.
10. Say no.
11. Let go of your crutch – whether it’s sugar, cigarettes, coffee, drinking etc.
photo by Maddie Joyce
12. Let yourself love something or someone whole heartedly.
Photo by Wewillallbewell
13. Be decisive.
14. be flexible//open.
15. Start a club//have a party// host house show//
16. experiment with not shaving.
17. Love yourself (one of the single bravest things you can do).
One of the hardest things about being brave, is that it relies on allowing yourself to become vulnerable.
What makes you feel Brave?